Weather Notice: For staff safety, if there is a storm with thunder and lightening, we will suspend service until it passes. At these times, check our Facebook page for updates or call the library.
Request Library Items for Curbside Pickup
1. Place Items on Hold:
- Online/App: login in to your account on the online catalog or download the MVLC Mobile app, search for items and place holds for pickup!
- Phone/Email to Staff: call the Reference Desk at the library 978-388-8148 ext. 619 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for direct staff assistance to place holds.
2. Wait to be notified: When your holds are ready to be picked up, you will receive either a system-generated email or text notice or a phone call, depending on how you set this up on your account. Login to your account online or contact the library to learn what way you will be notified or to make changes.
3. Come to the library: We will hold your items for 7 days from the time we called you. Come to the library during one of our designated pickup times. Please wear a mask.
4. Call the main number when you get here: When you arrive in the parking lot, call 978-388-8148 (press zero to get a person) to let staff know you are here. They will ask for your name. Patrons who do not have a cell phone, approach the ramp and ring the doorbell for assistance. We have limited parking onsite, street parking is also available.
5. Your items are brought outside: Staff will bring your items down the ramp and put them on the table. Approach the table and take your items. Patrons who arrive at the library not in a car, line up 6 feet apart at the table.
Return items in the bookdrop: Returned items are quarantined in the library for 4 full days before we check them in. No fines will charged at this time.
1. Call the reference desk: Have a document that you need printed? Call the Reference Desk 978-388-8148 ext. 619, M-F 9:30am-4:30pm. Staff will walk you through how to send your document(s) to the printer at the library. You will be asked to provide a name and phone number so we can contact you if there are issues printing. While we are shutdown, this is a free service.
2. Come to the library: Pick up your documents during curbside hours, see instructions above. The same as with curbside pickup, call the main number when you arrive. Let the staff person know you are here to pickup printed documents. They will take your name and someone will bring them out to you at the bottom of the ramp.
1. Call the reference desk: Have a document that you need copied? Call the Reference Desk 978-388-8148 ext. 619, M-F 9:30am-4:30pm. Staff will talk through your copy needs to make sure we can meet them. Note: Black and white copying only, we cannot do resizing. While we are shutdown, this is a free service.
2. Come to the library: Pick up your documents during curbside hours, see instructions above. Let the staff person know you are here to copy documents. A member of our reference staff will come out to meet you.
Don’t know what to request? We can help! Learn more about this service for:
Did you know New York Times puzzles are available for curbside pickup?
Call us at 978-388-8148 when you are in the back parking lot and tell us you would like a NYT puzzle page. We will bring it out for you!
Puzzles change weekly and are ready for request by 2pm on Mondays.