SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM 2017
Going in to K – 6th Grade
Early Literacy Program! If your child is ages 0 – 4 we have a summer reading program for you! If you are already registered for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten, just come by the library to get a packet (or download the Early Literacy Sheet) If your are not registered, you can register for just summer or both!
REGISTER SUMMER PROGRAM EARLY LITERACY
1000 BOOKS BEFORE KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION
What’s going on this summer?
SUMMER READING EVENTS LIST
What should I read?
AMESBURY SCHOOL SUMMER READING LISTS
Summer Reading Details
- Register for the online summer reading program to keep track of the hours and books/items you read!
- You can register at home or in the library!
- You can record all reading, write reviews, and complete challenges at home or on the library computers!
- As you read, you will go on an adventure to help build a better universe online!
- Complete challenges on the online program! Do 4 of them and get entered into a raffle for a Kindle Fire!
- Read 16 hours by August 8th, K – 6th graders will get a free Topsfield Fair Prize
Students from Amesbury Elementary and Cashmen elementary need to sign up for this program to get credit for their school summer reading! Read from the suggested authors/themes list or any books you like over the summer
New This Year!
READ AND BEAD
- Build a key chain as you read and explore this summer!
- Stop by the library any time to exchange or collect beads.
- Please record your reading online before coming in for beads (we can do it for you at the library as well!).
- Check for the challenges online!
Math is just as important as reading to keep learning over the summer!
When you sign up for summer reading everyone gets a constellation chart to fill out with stars for every math problem you do…check out the Bedtime Math website or download the app to get a daily math problem that is good for all ages!
Books and audio you can take with you…
Online books to read and listen:
(CHECK FOR YOUR SCHOOL SUMMER READING BOOKS ONLINE!)
Did you know that you can get a FREE online Boston Public Library card and take advantage of all their online audio, ebooks, and databases?
All residents of Massachusetts can!
LISTEN TO A PODCAST!
One of our challenges this summer is to listen to a podcast
(or listen to one you never have!)
Check out this podcasts lists to get you started!
Links About Summer Reading
Summer Reading Fun from Kate DiCamillo
Ways to help kids succeed in school
CA Library on Importance of Summer Reading
Importance of Reading over the Summer
Don’t Stress About Summer Reading
Preschool Summer Suggestions from Curious George
Build a Better World! is sponsored by your local library, Amesbury Youth Funding, Amesbury Chevrolet, the Massachusetts Library System, the Boston Bruins, and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, Friends of the Amesbury Library, and local businesses.