If you have any questions about requesting an item, please call us at 978-388-8148 Monday-Friday 9:30am – 4:45pm. We will be happy to help you.
Downloading the App
The app is supported on the following operating systems:
- Android– Any Android device (phone or tablet) that can run Android version 5 or greater.
- iOS– Any iOS device (phone or tablet) that can run iOS version 8 or greater.
- Open either the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- Search for MVLC Mobile.
- Click Install (Android) or Get (iOS) and follow the prompts to download the app to your device.
Logging Into The App
To access an individual library’s app, you must log in with your barcode and PIN/password. You will then be routed to the app for your home library.
- Tap Sign In. This will open a menu on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Tap Sign In again.
- Enter your library card number.
- Enter your pin/password. (If you can’t sign in, please contact the Library to reset your PIN/password.)
- Keep me signed in is checked by default for easiest access to your library account. Uncheck this box if you wish to log in to your account upon each use of the app.
- Tap Login.
- If Amesbury is your home library, you will see our color scheme.
Searching the Catalog
- To start a search, tap in the Search bar at the top of the screen with the magnifying glass icon, then type the search terms and either tap Enter or tap elsewhere on the screen.
- Results will display in a new screen with the following information for each item:
- Format (e.g., Books, Electronic Resources, Video Disc)
- Publication Year
The total number of results for the search will show in the bottom right corner of the screen. Swipe up or down to scroll through the results.
3. Tap on an item to see full details including description, contents, etc. At the bottom of the page is the total number of copies available in the system. Underneath this is a listof holdings by library, including the item status and call number.
In the screenshots below you are looking at the book, The Woman in the Window by A.J Finn. To see if it is actually available in the library, you need to scroll down until you see our library copy (in the second screenshot). If it says Fiction, then it is available for an immediate hold that you can pick up shortly. If it says Checked Out, HOLDS or INTRANSIT, then it is not immediately available to be checked out. If you see this item is available for pickup, scroll back up to the top and click on the Place Hold button. Please feel free to call us if you are unsure about the status of an item.
Adding Linked Accounts
Once logged in to MVLC Mobile, you can link additional library accounts (e.g., family members) so you can view all checkouts, holds, bills, and barcodes from a single interface.
- Tap the hamburger menu () in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the Linked Accounts option.
- In the upper right corner, tap +Add.
- Enter the login credentials for the account you wish to link, then tap Link.
Viewing The Digital Library Card
- Tap the My Barcode icon at the bottom of the screen.
- If multiple accounts are linked to your device, dots will appear on the right side of the barcode.
- Swipe up or down to view each barcode.
- Tap the X above the barcode area to close out of the digital library card(s).