SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM 2022
0 – 6th grade
Read Beyond the Beaten Path….We’re going outside!
PICK UP A REGISTRATION PACKET AT THE LIBRARY STARTING JUNE 15th
SUMMER LIBRARY EVENTS CAN BE FOUND HERE!
What Can I Do During the Kids Summer Program?
Virtual Badging Program: Ages 0 – 12 years old can sign up for this program. Note: Different badges will be available will be marked for Early Literacy but everyone is welcome to do any activity badges!
- Register anytime over the summer!
- Register online or use the Beanstack app (it’s all free) to register. If you have an account, you can keep using that one!
- Register multiple children under one account and recording activities and reading is as easy as flipping between the accounts
- Keep track of reading either with the timer in the app or entering it into the program. You can do it everyday or accumulate time and enter it!
- Make sure to check out the activity badges that will have you doing some fun outdoor things! More badges will be added over the summer so keep checking back!
READ ‘N BEAD
- In your registration packet you will find a keychain that you can fill with beads as you read and do activities.
- Anytime you come in and have either a day of reading or at least an hour or have completed an activity badge, let us know at the Youth Services desk and you can pick out beads! There are different beads for different amounts of hours read!
- You’ll build a keychain over the summer and be able to see all the reading and exploring you have done!
Search for our creature around town! Ophelia the Opossum will be hiding around in various business windows downtown! Spot her and record where you see her and what she’s reading to earn coupons for local ice cream or Game Time credits!
Come in to fill out a form, email email@example.com
This year our creature was specially made for us by Crochet by Deal!
Bookmark Contest! Our annual bookmark contest is going on! Draw your favorite animal, real or imagined. Use this FORM to create your work from any art supplies. If chosen, your bookmark will be professionally published and you’ll get a t-shirt!
StoryWalk! Check out the new StoryWalk starting July called The Hike
Programing! CHECK OUT OUR UPCOMING EVENTS TO SEE OUR PICK-UP KITS AND IN-PERSON PROGRAMING
Read for school! We have all your summer reading needs for school, including the ability to request a summer reading collection to pick up! We’ll put together a selection of books from the suggested reading list and you can just come in to get them! Use this FORM
Math is just as important as reading to keep learning over the summer! Check out the Bedtime Math website or download the app to get a daily math problem that is good for all ages!
Books and audio you can take with you…24/7
Online books to read and listen:
You can download Libby from the app store and access all the ebook, audiobooks you want and read or listen to them right on your device! This is a statewide database so there are lots of choices!
Did you know that you can get a FREE online Boston Public Library card and take advantage of all their online audio, ebooks, and databases? Open to all residents of Massachusetts!
LISTEN TO A PODCAST!
One of the game board challenges is to listen to a podcast! This great short radio-like shows can be packed with tons of information or delightfully silly stories for all ages!
Check out this PODCAST LIST lists to get you started!
Article about the benefits of podcasts and recommended episodes!
Links About Summer Reading
iRead is sponsored by your local library, the Massachusetts Library System, the Boston Bruins, the Boston Pride and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, Institute of Museum and Library Services, and the Friends of the Amesbury Library.