SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM 2023
0 – 6th grades
FIND YOUR VOICE…at the Library this Summer!
PICK UP A REGISTRATION PACKET AT THE LIBRARY STARTING JUNE 15th
SUMMER LIBRARY EVENTS CAN BE FOUND HERE!
What Can I Do During the Kids Summer Program?
Virtual Badging Program: Ages 0 – 12 years old can sign up for this program and do it anywhere!
Note: Different badges will be marked for Early Literacy for our youngest (0 – 5 years) but everyone is welcome to do any activity badges!
- Register anytime over the summer!
- Earn 6 badges and get free Topsfield Fair prize packet (with tickets for 8 years and up!)
- Register online or use the Beanstack app (it’s all free) to register. If you have an account, you keep using that one!
- Register multiple children under one account and recording activities and reading is as easy as flipping between the accounts
- Keep track of reading either with the timer in the app or entering it into the program. You can do it every day or accumulate time and enter it all at once!
- Make sure to check out the activity badges that will have you doing some fun activities to explore different topics! More badges will be added over the summer so keep checking back!
- EVERY TIME YOU COMPLETE A BADGE, MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR TICKETS IN ACTIVITIES TO ENTER INTO THE RAFFLES FOR COOL PRIZES
READ ‘N BEAD
- In your registration packet you will find a keychain that you can fill with beads as you read and do activities.
- Anytime you come in and have the start of an hour or more or have completed an activity badge, let us know at the Youth Services desk and you can pick out beads! There are different beads for different amounts of hours read!
- You’ll build a keychain over the summer and be able to see all the reading and exploring you have done!
Search for our creature around town! Lionni the Lion will be hiding around in various business windows downtown! Spot him and record where you see him and what he’s reading to earn coupons for local ice cream!
Come in to fill out a form or email email@example.com with you spotting!
Bookmark Contest! Our annual bookmark contest is going on! Draw your favorite animal, real or imagined. Use this FORM to create your work from any art supplies. If chosen, your bookmark will be professionally published and you’ll get a t-shirt!
StoryWalk! Check out the new StoryWalk starting July 15 on the RiverWalk
Programing! CHECK OUT OUR UPCOMING EVENTS TO SEE OUR PICK-UP KITS AND IN-PERSON PROGRAMING
Read for school! We have all your summer reading needs for school, including the ability to request a summer reading collection to pick up! We’ll put together a selection of books from the suggested reading list and you can just come in to get them! Use this FORM
Math is just as important as reading to keep learning over the summer! Check out the Bedtime Math website or download the app to get a daily math problem that is good for all ages!
Books and audio you can take with you…24/7
Online books to read and listen:
You can download Libby from the app store and access all the ebook, audiobooks you want and read or listen to them right on your device! This is a statewide database so there are lots of choices!
LISTEN TO A PODCAST!
One of the game board challenges is to listen to a podcast! This great short radio-like shows can be packed with tons of information or delightfully silly stories for all ages!
Check out this PODCAST LIST lists to get you started!
Article about the benefits of podcasts and recommended episodes!
Links About Summer Reading
Tips to Prevent “Summer Slide” Learning Loss
CA Library on Importance of Summer Reading
Importance of Reading over the Summer
iRead is sponsored by your local library, the Massachusetts Library System, the Boston Bruins, the Boston Pride and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, Institute of Museum and Library Services, and the Friends of the Amesbury Library.