eBooks and Audiobooks
Libby: Stream and download eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines from OverDrive. You can also use Libby on your computer browser. For help, start with Libby Help.
OverDrive: Read audiobooks, eBooks, and magazines. For help, start with the OverDrive online tutorial.
Comics Plus: Read comics, graphic novels, and manga online without a waitlist on Comics Plus and Comics Plus Children’s Library.
freegal music+: Stream and download DRM-free music. Over 100 genres from more than 50 record labels.
Online Picture books, Chapter books, and Classics
Tumblebooks: eBooks for kids (picture & chapter). Read-alouds, read-alongs, and more.
For help with downloadable content, call Youth Services at 978-388-8148 menu option 4
Borrow eBooks and Audiobooks from Across the State!
Your Amesbury Public Library card is good to borrow eBooks and audiobooks from across the state! You can browse other library networks’ collections in a web browser or from the Libby app on your mobile device.
Other MA library networks to borrow from:
- Boston Public Library
- CW MARS
- Minuteman Library Network
- Old Colony Library Network
Option 1: Add multiple libraries and cards in Libby. Use your Amesbury card number to log in as a guest to each network. This is a one-time setup, after which you will remain logged in to all of the library networks you’ve added.
- Tap the menu icon (3 lines) in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- After tapping that icon, the menu will open. Scroll down until you see “Add a Library.” Tap on “Add a Library.”
- Search for the name of the library network from above that you want to add by typing in the box. Select the corresponding result.
- Once you’ve added the library, you will be directed to the Library page where you can browse the collection. Tap the menu icon again, as in the first step. Now, when you scroll down, you’ll see the networks you have added.
- To add your Amesbury card for these libraries, tap on “See Library Cards.”
- Tap on “Add another library card” or “Add library card.”
- Tap “I’m visiting from another library.”
- Scroll down until you find Merrimack Valley Library patrons—tap that option. Then enter your Amesbury card number & PIN.
- You can toggle between libraries at to search and borrow from anytime by tapping the menu icon, then tapping the library you want to search.
- After searching for a title in one network, if you find the title, you can tap the library card icon that appears to the right of the title to see if it is available in other networks that you’ve added your card to. Unfortunately, this feature only works if you get a result. You can also search multiple libraries in a web browser by installing Library Extension.
Option 2: In a web browser, go to the OverDrive website, then click on “Partner Libraries” in the uppermost menu, then select a library from this list to search their collection. To borrow from any of these partner libraries, log in as a Merrimack Valley Library Patron with your Amesbury Public Library card number.