Online picture books, chapter books, and Classics
Click here for Tumblebooks!
For help with downloadable content, call Youth Services at 978-388-8148 menu option 4
Download E-Books and E-Audiobooks
You Can Borrow E-Books and E-Audiobooks from Across the State!
Your Amesbury Public Library card is good to borrow e-books and e-audiobooks from across the state! You may browse other library networks’ collections in a web browser or from the Libby app on your mobile device or tablet.
The other MA library networks are: Boston Public Library, CLAMS, CW MARS, Minuteman Library Network, NOBLE, Old Colony Library Network, and SAILS.
Option 1: Add multiple libraries and cards in Libby. (It will be the same card number, your Amesbury card number, but you’ll have to enter it again for each library network you add. This is a one-time setup, after which you will remain logged in to all of the library networks you’ve added.)
- Tap the three vertical lines icon in the middle of the bottom menu.
- After tapping that icon, a menu will open. Scroll down until you see “Add a Library.” Tap on “Add a Library.”
- Search for the name of the library network from above that you want to add by typing in the box. Then select the appropriate result.
- Once you’ve added it, you may have to tap on the central icon again, as you did in the first step. Now, when you scroll down, you’ll see the networks you have added. To add your Amesbury card for these libraries, tap on “See Library Cards.”
- Tap on “Add another library card” or “Add library card.”
- Tap “I’m visiting from another library.”
- Scroll down until you find Merrimack Valley Library patrons—tap that option. Then enter your Amesbury card number.
- You can toggle between libraries at any time by tapping the Libby icon. Then tap the library you want to search, and this will bring you to the search page for that library. You will be able to borrow or request items.
- New feature: after searching for a title in one network, if you find the title, you can tap the library card icon that appears to the right of the title to see if it is available in other networks that you’ve added your card to. Unfortunately, this feature only works if you get a result. You can also search multiple libraries in a web browser by installing Library Extension.
Option 2: In a web browser, go to the Overdrive website, then click on “Partner Libraries” in the uppermost menu, then select a library from this list to search their collection. To borrow from any of these partner libraries, log in as a Merrimack Valley Library Patron with your Amesbury Public Library card number.