Here just to request an Educator Book Bag? Jump to the Educator Book Bag Request form.
Bring the library to you!
Our Head of Youth Services is happy to visit classrooms from elementary to high school as well as day cares, preschools, homeschooling groups, youth groups, summer programs, and other organizations. Depending on the venue and type of visit, we can arrange for the following:
- Book talks
- Programs on specific topics
- Discussions that highlight resources from the library
Or come visit us!
We are happy to host your class or group at the library.
Please note: we have limited space inside our building, so we can plan outdoor visits for larger groups. These types of visits can include:
- Topical programs with books and a project
- A tour of the library
- Discussion of resources at the library
- Book talks
- Library card registration (must be arranged with Head of Youth Services ahead of time)
- Research ideas
We offer a number of online resources that can be used by your students all for FREE! Visit the Online Resources page and find resources such as:
- E-books and audiobooks (Tumblebooks, Libby, ComicPlus),
- Language learning (Mango Languages and KidSpeak),
- Reference (Encyclopedia Britannica and Pebble Go!)
- Downloadable music (Freegal)
- Free newspaper access (Newsbank)
Note: Some online resources require a library card. If you don’t have a card or need to use your institution’s card, reach out to us and we can help. We can also register your students for cards as needed.
Group Book Clubs
If you have a book club or a class group that needs the same book, we can request multiple titles from other libraries for you. Just let us know the title and how many books your group needs. Individuals can pick up their book at the circulation desk, or teachers can pick up the whole set and distribute them.
We are also able to get digital copies of some titles that can be downloaded by multiple students at one time for free through Overdrive/Libby. Please let us know in advance what you will need so that we can get access, if it is available.
Create a Book
We offer a fun and lasting project for your students of any age. Students can write and illustrate their own book and we will catalog it and put it in our collection! We have templates that students can use so just ask us for a set at the youth services desk!
Educator Book Bags
Teachers and homeschoolers in Amesbury can request a curated book bag by topic.
- If you live in Amesbury but teach elsewhere, or teach in Amesbury but live elsewhere, you qualify!
- We can use you institution's card if you live out of state but work in Amesbury.
- We can create a bag based on any topic(s) or authors you need.
- Bags are checked out for a six week period.
- When it's ready, it is all checked out and ready for pick up at the circulation desk.
Use the form below to request a bag based on a topic of your choice.
The youth services staff is happy to curate the bag for you, but we need at least a business day’s notice to complete a bag.